Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Princess Castle Cake Part I



It all began when my daughter was planning a princess party for her three-year old daughter. She spotted the Wilton Castle Cake Set online and once she showed it to Sophia, she had to have it. Of course, it must be in blue which is her favorite color. Although the cake looked very intimidating, I agreed to make the cake with her help. Here is the link to the Wilton Castle Cake Set. I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby using a coupon, but you can also find it at Michael's and Walmart.

I read and reread the directions which I really didn't think gave enough detail. I also photocopied and enlarged the directions to make reading easier. I did several internet searches for helpful hints from others who made the cake. I was trying to reduce the anxiety I was feeling from undertaking such a huge endeavor.

My daughter and I decided to work on this in several different steps over the course of a few days. The first night we cut out over 350 forget-me-not flowers. The following evening we put the centers in the flowers using royal icing. Having help, this task went fairly fast.



The next time my daughters and I got together it was time to decorate the turrets and the towers. I will discuss this in Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment