Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Treats

I made some special cupcakes for Halloween this year...vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing with scary eyes...pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting with fondant bats.

For the fondant bats I cut out of heavy card stock a bat using my Cricut and the Create A Critter 2 Cartridge to use a pattern. And then, yes I did, I cut out each bat with a knife going around my bat pattern. It was a little tedious, but worth it. My only mistake was rolling the fondant too thin, so I did have a little trouble with the wings threatening to break off.

For the eyes, I cut out circles from white fondant, cut the circles in half, then used a food safe marker to make pupils. That was easy!

I forgot how delicious made from scratch cupcakes taste! Yum! They were a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment